No words today – just a handful of pictures I’ve seen recently on tumblr.
Scrolling through my dashboard is like a second job, I swear.
// See more of my tumblr pictures here
Tell me your tumblr, or favourite tumblr pages in the comments section below.
Posted in tumblr
Tagged pictures, tumblr
The Liebstar blog award seems to be everywhere lately! I’ve been nominated a few times, but I’ve never got around to it, so when Brooke nominated me earlier this week (thanks, girl!), I knew I needed to get it done – not because I felt obliged, but because I think it’s fun to answer random questions about myself so you guys can get to know me a little bit better. If you have no idea what the Liebstar award is, read the rules on the graphic below.
11 Facts About Me
- I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- I spend at least 3 hours every night watching youtube videos.
- I have never sad stitches, surgery or a broken bone.
- I used to have an unhealthy obsession with fashion designers.
- I never played any sports in high school.
- I have a serious sweet tooth, especially when it comes to cookies.
- I never had a boyfriend throughout high school.
- I drink 12+ cups of water daily.
- My hair wont curl, nor stay curled for over 10 minutes.
- I have a huge girl crush on Cara Loren.
- My parents are both 100% Polish.
- What made you want to start blogging? When I was in 10th grade, I needed a hobby, so I started filming youtube videos. A few friends found out, I got embarrassed and deleted my videos. A few months later, I regretted the decision and wanted to do something in my spare time, specifically something online because blogs and youtube were starting to gain popularity. So, I started Mocha and Moccasins! I also do youtube videos on this account, but haven’t been able to film/edit any since starting school in January.
- What is your favourite item of clothing in your closet? My Alexander McQueen scarf.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? New York City.
- What is your favourite childhood memory? My family used to travel a lot. We went to Disneyland, Poland, all around Canada and the USA (Hawaii!! California, Michigan, New York), but now we can barely tolerate each other for more than five minutes.
- What is your favorite social media site (facebook, twitter, tumblr, etc) and why? Tumblr. I’ve had my Tumblr since July in 2009, and I follow so many great sources of inspiration, from fashion pictures, to beauty and nature captured in photographs and quotes.
- If you could only wear one type of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh my gosh, that’s so hard! I’d have to say concealer, because I have horrid under eye dark circles, but it can also be used for spot treatment.
- What is your favourite holiday? Birthdays. Not mine in particular, but I love making other people feel special.
- What is your proudest achievement? I think that has to be starting a program I’m actually interested in for post secondary studies. No more anthropology or business, but baking and pastry arts is truly a program I can enjoy.
- Do you like reading? If so, what’s your favourite book? Sometimes, but not books. I don’t have a favourite book, but I love reading magazines and blogs.
- What was your favorite vacation you’ve ever taken? Hawaii. We stayed in Waikiki and the eather was perfect and the scenery was magical. The people were really nice, too!
- What are your long-term goals in life? I’m so bad at setting long-term goals, but I mostly hope to be happy, healthy and stable in my situation, and surrounded by loved ones.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Have you ever been in love? If yes, when?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- What is one quality you can’t stand in your partner?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- What color are the walls in your bedroom?
- What is your favorite makeup brand?
- Did you attend post-secondary studies? If so, what did you study, or what do you wish to study?
- What day of the week do you look forward to the most?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you have named planned for your future children? What are they?
My questions are pretty light hearted and fun, so I’d love to see the people I tag answer them! I tag…
ps: I made an instagram account from my blog! I was using my personal one before, where I didn’t post blog content, but on my new Instagram, I’ll be posting more blog related content, and more often too.
Have a great weekend!
find me: youtube // bloglovin // instagram // tumblr // pinterest // twitter
There is nothing quite like a home cooked, hearty yet healthy meal that can be enjoyed for lunch and/or dinner, and if you’re adventurous, maybe for breakfast too (but I like sticking to my coffee + almond milk combination, unless there is a good smoothie involved). I’ve been doing well with incorporating more healthy meals into my diet, and this one is a keeper, especially with the roasted broccoli florets! I’m becoming broccoli obsessed… don’t judge me.
Pre/post roasting broccoli // I was very generous with the curry – there is so much flavour!
Salmon // my protein of choice – also doused with curry powder.
Curried Quinoa Bowl with Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes
Recipe adapted from recipe in Curried Broccoli and Warm Israeli Couscous Salad in Eat Your Vegetables
Serves 4-6 // prep time: 30 mins
- 1 – 1.5 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups packed salad greens
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Broccoli: Set oven to broil setting on high, with rack placed on closest shelf. Chop up broccoli into small pieces (a bit larger than bite sized). Place chopped broccoli on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on broccoli florets and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Broil the broccoli in the oven for a few minutes, keeping a close eye on them until they have slightly browned. Set aside.
- With remaining 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sauté garlic until brown. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they have softened. Add dry quinoa and water and stir to combine. Place lid on pan and reduce the heat to medium low, cooking quinoa until all of the water has absorbed and quinoa becomes fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop of cashews and toast in pan (no oil necessary) until browned. Set aside on separate plate to avoid burning the cashews on the pan.
- After quinoa has fluffed up, add the roasted broccoli florets.
- Serve on a bed of packed salad greens and sprinkle with toasted cashews. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
Q: When you’re craving vegetables, which ones do you go for? I love broccoli and cucumber. Also, avocado. Always avocado. Especially with sea salt and lemon juice. daaaang good.
follow me: youtube // bloglovin // instagram // tumblr // pinterest // twitter
Posted in recipe
Tagged broccoli, curry, dinner, grain, healthy, lunch, Quinoa, recipe, salmon, seasoning, tomatoes, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian